Share an eKey with Someone else
You can only be a lock administrator to send an ekey to someone else.
- Choose any lock from the eKeys management screen
- Tap ‘Send eKey’
- The default screen will allow you to create a permanent key. Press ‘Period eKey’ if you would like to issue a temporary key.
- Enter the users contact details and an optional message to be included on the user notification.
- You must enter the Mobile and Email exactly as the user’s account login information. Otherwise, they will not receive the key correctly.
- Swipe to turn on ‘User Restrictions’. User Restrictions allow you to limit the users access by hours and days.
- Swipe to turn on ‘Share eKey’ to allow the user to share the key with others
- When you are ready press ‘Send eKey’ to send the eKey notification
- After opening the web link, the invited user will be prompted to install the KAS eKey application and create a new account
- After installing the eKeys app and/or logging in the invited user will see their key appear on the eKeys page ready for use.