The SAL Platinum electronic lock is a standalone card operated lock. It does not require any software or supporting hardware to operate.
The unlocking mode for this lock is via RFID keycard entry. There is also a concealed mechanical key cylinder for emergency access or battery depletion.
There are 2 levels of keycards to operate the SAL-Platinum electronic door lock.
- MANAGEMENT CARD
- USER CARD
CREATE MANAGEMENT CARD
This card is the highest level and used for enrolling User Keycards. This card will also unlock the door and should be kept in a safe place (electronic lock capacity: 1 management keycard)
Creating a MANAGEMENT CARD. *Complete the following steps with the door open.
While the door is open remove the battery box from the bottom of the front lock face.
- Remove the Batteries -Wait 10 seconds
- Insert the battery box into the bottom of the front lock face- The lock will beep 6 times, while then alternate red & blue lights for 6 seconds.
- During the alternating red & blue lights, swipe a Mifare S50 card over the reader.
- The lock will indicate it has read the card by a 2-beep tone – the light will turn blue.
- Immediately rotate the privacy snib on back side 90 degrees and back.
- A long beep will sound, the Management card is has been created successfully.
- When the above steps are executed, all previous data and user keycards will be deleted.
- A purple light on the lock reader upon entry can identify the Management Card.
- To retain data when replacing batteries: do not complete the above steps or put any card on the reader area during red & blue light alternating and wait for the lock to power down.
CREATE USER CARD *capacity: 32 keycards
This card is used to access the door lock
Creating a USER KEYCARD. *Complete the following steps with the MANAGEMENT CARD.
- Swipe the Management Card over the lock face. The lock motor will run and display a purple light.
- Rotate the handle and keep the handle in down until you hear 5 peeps (approx 10 seconds), a blue light will be displayed
- While the light alternates red & blue, progressively place user new cards on the reader.
- A long single beep will sound – The user card has been created successfully.
- Once you have added all user keycards. Swipe Manager Card Over the lock
- Release Handle
- Test Newly added cards
- If a “chirp” sound (lowering tone) is heard while adding cards this means the user card is already programmed to the door
- During the alternating red & blue light, the operator cards can progressively be programmed, one by one. It will remain in this mode for approximately 8 seconds and then automatically power down.
ENABLE FREE-PASSAGE MODE *Complete the following steps with the door open. Either a Management Keycard or any User Keycard can complete this mode.
Enable the lock into FREE-PASSAGE MODE. Ie leave the door in an unlocked state
- While the door is open, swipe card over the lock face.
- Rotate the privacy snib on the back panel, 90 degrees, and back x 3 times.
- During this time the light will alternate red & blue during each turn of the snib.
- 1 beep will sound – the lock is successfully in FREE-PASSAGE MODE.
- Test front and back handle
DISABLE FREE-PASSAGE MODE. * You do not need a card to disable ‘FREE PASSAGE’
- Rotate the privacy snib on the back panel, 90 degrees and back x 3 times.
- The motor will run, 1 beep will sound – the lock has returned to the normally locked state.
- Test front and back handle
FACTORY DELETE AND RESET *This will clear all previous data from the lock. All cards including management cards will be deleted.
To factory reset the lock you will have to assign a new management card.
Complete the Creating a MANAGEMENT CARD step above
- Cards cannot be removed individually