Installation and Setup
- Select your lock height, and place a marking on the door where you want the lock to sit
- From this marking, measure out the back set (60mm or 70mm provided with lock)
- Measure out the other markings required that are provided on your drilling template
- Do this for both sides of the door. You will be later required to drill half way through the front side of the door, then halfway through the backside
- Drill your 2 marked ‘back to back’ holes. It is recommended to drill half way on each side of the wood to reduce chances of the wood splitting
- Drill out the latch hole on the side of the door
- Place your latch in the hole on the door edge and mark around the faceplate
- Chisel out the faceplate markings from your door. This is required to be 3.5mm deep
- Take your latch and place it in the pre-drilled hole [Image A]
- Screw it into place with the 2 screws provided.
- Ensure the rubber gasket cover is on both sides of the locks
- Take the front handle and place it on the door, ensuring all screws and holes line up.
- Place the wires from the lock through the rubber gasket and through door hole to ensure no pinching of the wires and a flush covering [Image B]
- Insert spindle into the front handle ensuring it is inserted into the lock properly.
- Spring end is at the back of the lock.
- Please ensure a firm fitting of the spindle to the electronic clutch hole.
- Place the Back plate frame onto the back of the door and screw into place [Image D]
- Connect and line up the back handle to fit the spindle, screw into place (spring should be to the back of the lock)
- Gently connect the wire together [Image C]
- Place the back handle onto the metal frame; screw the 2 screws at the base of the lock and 1 screw in the battery pack area. [Image D]
- Insert batteries
- Your lock is now ready for programming – See Programming article for instructions. *Please keep the mechanical back up keys in a safe and secure location in case of battery depletion.